CNC Mechanical Process Engineer (MRF)
Edmund Optics® manufactures and supplies customers around the globe with millions of precision optical components and optical assemblies. Edmund Optics Singapore now are looking for a CNC controlled MRF Manufacturing Engineer to design, develop and measure high precision products. The Engineer will have overall responsibility for managing projects, providing technical leadership for manufacturing teams, trouble shooting and writing reports.
- Ability to operate a CNC controlled MRF finishing machine on fragile optics.
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing process and method in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Recommend and implement improvements for production processes, methods and controls coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Verify settings by regularly measuring parts before and after changes are made.
- Troubleshoot and solve critical production issues related to optical systems.
- Ensure timely project follow-up and completion, as well as handle production indices set up and monitoring.
- Degree in Mechanical/Optical Manufacturing Engineering with 2 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in setup/operation CNC automation system.
- Familiar with various measurement instruments including interferometers, micrometre, callipers, dial indicators, height gages, pH meters etc.
- Understanding technical drawing and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance).
- Familiar with SAP and Lean Six Sigma will be advantageous.
- Able to train and coach junior CNC technicians in the programming and machining of complex glass geometries.
- Team player with good analytical and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced results oriented environment.