International Offices Solutions Representative
Position: International Offices Solutions Representative
Department: Catalog Sales
Reports To: Manager, Customer Service
Provides order processing and customer service support to Edmund Optics international offices. Highly knowledgeable of domestic and international company policies and procedures. Performs routine customer order processing functions; receives and responds to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Processes all orders for Edmund Optics international offices
- Processes customer service requests (returns, credits and quotation requests) for EO international offices
- Reviews pricing and cost issues; relates any issues to accounting department
- Prepares quotations for custom items
- Provides Customer Service via chat, telephone and email
- Communicates international office requirements to management and other departments
- Processes purchase orders for the Inventory Department
- Maintains Edmund Optics Order Tracking Emails
- Maintains Weekly LPA Notes
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Report to work station and be ready to work at scheduled time
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- International Shipping/order processing procedures
- Intermediate to high level of PC skills in MS Word/Excel/E-mail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Accurate typing skills
- Working knowledge of current policies and procedures for data entry and international shipments
- Professional demeanor
- Demonstrates skills with telephone etiquette
- Greets callers, establishes rapport, projects professional tone, handles complaints, & record statistics on each call
Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience; minimum of two (2) years related prior work experience.
Ability to operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.