Supply Chain Assistant (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics® (EO) (EO) is a leading manufacturer and supplier of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. EO's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, and R&D; EO products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics Ltd in the UK and Edmund Optics GmbH in Germany, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
To support our efforts within the European Market, Edmund Optics Ltd is looking for a
Supply Chain Assistant (f/m/d)
The Supply Chain Department based in the UK at Edmund Optics Ltd is a small, dynamic team, working together to meet the needs of our customers.
Excellence in Customer Service and Operations has been a critical ingredient of Edmund Optics’ leadership for nearly 80 years. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in supply chain management and customer service, directly contributing to this goal.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Team based in York, UK
- Process the custom product orders being manufactured at our factories around the world
- Utilise our ERP system, SAP, to make sure orders and parts are set up correctly, and processed efficiently
- Manage the progress of the orders, and liaise with the manufacturing plant to ensure on time deliveries with the customer
- Additional duties over time will be to
- Learn the supply chain routes with other manufacturing plants across the world
- Liaise with Third Party suppliers throughout Europe
- Monitor and maintain purchasing routes with the main distribution centre in New Jersey, USA
- Help to maintain the correct stocking levels at the European warehouse, and assist with the day to day running of this facility
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commercial education or relevant working experience in the fields of purchasing, order processing, customer service or supply chain management
- Previous experience working in a supply chain environment would be an advantage
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems, nice to have: SAP, MS Dynamics CRM
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- Customer focused
- Willingness to be flexible and support different departments, if needed
What we offer:
- A versatile and challenging position alongside a highly competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry
- You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded colleagues with a great team spirit, and can expect extensive training programs and internal development opportunities.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical & dental insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
The workplace will be in York, UK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity and disability.
Please send any applications to [email protected]